||Another brand new class with Chef Genevieve Harris. A real spice journey as a Middle Eastern Feast.
• Lebanese pomegranate and beetroot dip with flatbread
Lebanese beetroot and pomegranate dip. Cooked beetroot, finely chopped, tossed with fresh mint, parsley and a pomegranate, lemon and olive oil dressing.
• Baghdadi style chicken croquettes.
Actually an Indian dish but of Persian origin. It is based on rice and minced chicken, spiced with ginger and is great as finger food or mezze dish.
• Pastry cigars with Moroccan spiced lamb.
Moroccan spiced lamb sausage mixture, baked in filo pastry, very similar to Turkish borek.
• Fesanjan – duck with walnuts and pomegranates.
A classic from the Royal cuisine of Ancient Persia. This recipe from modern day Iran sees duck braised in a rich, subtlety spiced pomegranate and walnut gravy.
• Kachumbar – spiced tomato and cucumber salad.
From India and it has many variations. Its base is ripe sweet tomatoes, onions, crunchy cucumber and green chilli tossed with lime juice and roasted spices.
• Mujaddra janoubieh - lentil and cracked wheat.
Here in this Lebanese version burghul wheat is teamed with lentils and chicken stock to make a meal in itself.
• Turkish delight skewers with white chocolate and pistachios.
NB Not suitable for Celiacs or other severe food allergies.